Patsy Watchorn: Discography
Irish Rebel Heroes
- Irish Rebel Heroes
- 2004 - Ceol Records CDC090 CD
- Track List:
- God Save Ireland (Timothy Daniel Sullivan)
- Rising Of The Moon (Turlough O'Carolan/J.K. Casey)
- Dublin In The Green (Dominic Behan)
- Upton Ambush
- James Connolly
- The Irish Republican Army
- Broad Black Brimmer (Noel Nagle)
- The Sea Around Us (Dominic Behan)
- The Ballad Of Billy Reid
- Boys Of The Old Brigade
- Robert Emmet
- Irish Soldier Laddie (Pat McGuigan)
- The Patriot Game (Dominic Behan)
- Sean South Of Garryowen (Sean Costello)
- Come Out Ye Black And Tans (Dominic Behan)
- A Nation Once Again (Thomas Davis)
- Patsy Watchorns: Vocals & vocal arrangement
- Dick Farrelly: acoustic guitars, accordion, bass guitar, Roland XP60 keyboards, snare drum, percussion
- Gerry O'Connor: banjo & fiddle
- Arranged and Produced: Dick Farrelly
- Engineer and Recorded: Al Cowan
- Mixed: Al Cowan, Dick Farrelly & Patsy Watchorn
- Mastered: Ger Williams
- Recorded and Mixed: Stiúideo Na Life Dublin September/October 2004
- Project coordinator: Mandy Byrnes
- Executive Producer: Patsy Watchorn
- Design, Layout & Art Direction: Peter Schitttler
- All Paintings: Jutta Schittler
- Very Special Thanks to Jutta Schittler for her wonderful paintings and John O'Neill for believing in and supporting this project.
Imagine if Ireland would turn into a real man.
No ordinary human being but a man who has been around forever, watching and caring for the people of Ireland for thousands of years.
Now surmise this man's eyes; think what wealth of history they have seen; eyes deeply looking at you with the wisdom of the ages, knowingly resting in all the joy and sorrow this country's folk have experienced.
Eyes sincere and proud, friendly and humorous.
Think about the stories and legends this man could tell you, with a voice that radiates an indelible love for his land and its people.
Finally, imagine putting all this on an album. No wait, you don't have to stretch your fantasy this time: You're holding this album in your hands.
The exclusive circle of true Irish patriots is not only defined by having fought and died for Ireland.
It has a very few artists within its members too, those who contribute their talents to magnify the greatness of their homeland.
Patsy Watchorn is one of them.
So there is no need to tell you in length about the people and events that are the subjects of this album — it's all in his voice, and, just a reminder, you are listening to the very voice of Ireland itself.